2019 Hyundai i20 5 Doors – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Subscribe.
– Fresh styling and advanced connectivity and safety features for Hyundai’s versatile subcompact car
– All three body types in i20 line-up – i20 five-door, three-door Coupe, and crossover Active – undergo technological refinements to keep i20 among the best in its class
– Refreshed design features for i20 five-door and Active, including a refined front with Cascading Grille, an updated rear, a two-tone roof, and new colours for even greater personalisation
– i20 powertrain line-up meets new market demands with three different gasoline powertrains
– For more comfortable and efficient driving, Hyundai Motor introduces 7DCT and now offers Idle Stop and Go as a standard feature
– New i20 offers top safety equipment, including Hyundai SmartSense active safety features such as Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Departure Warning System, Driver Attention Warning and High Beam Assist
– Comprehensive choice of modern, advanced connectivity features, including seven-inch Display Audio or navigation system with Apple Car Play and Android Auto
The styling of the i20 has been refreshed in several ways. The elegant lines of the New i20 emphasise its sophisticated exterior. The front of the i20 five-door now features the Cascading Grille, the family identity uniting all Hyundai models. In addition to its modern and fresh design, the New i20 also boasts a spacious and comfortable interior.
In order to make the New i20 more appealing and give it more character, the front of the five-door now features redesigned front bumpers including the Cascading Grille. The rear of the i20 five-door and Active also has updated bumpers and rear combination lamps, creating a more dynamic look. The tailgate has been reworked to integrate the license plate. Also, Hyundai has created a bolder appearance for the i20 five-door by adding new 15”- and 16”-alloy wheels.
The i20 five-door is available with a panoramic sun roof. Both versions – i20 five-door and Active – are available with a Phantom Black two-tone roof, offering customers more compelling options to personalise their car. Customers can also choose from ten distinctive colours for the exterior: Tomato Red, Champion Blue and Clean Slate are new colours in the i20 range, on top of the existing colours Passion Red, Aqua Sparkling, Cashmere Brown, Sleek Silver, Stardust, Polar White and Phantom Black.
The New i20 offers a choice of three gasoline powertrains. The Kappa 1.0-litre T-GDI engine, available for the entire i20 line-up, comes with a choice of two power outputs: the engine that is capable of 74 kW/100 PS is available with a five-speed manual transmission, while the high-power version of 88 kW/120 PS comes with a six-speed manual transmission. As an alternative, both powertrains can be matched with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission – a Hyundai first in the i20 range. Offered for the i20 five-door and three-door Coupe, the Kappa 1.2-litre engine is available with two different outputs, both mated to a five-speed manual transmission: 55 kW/75 PS or 62 kW/84 PS. The i20 Active is available with the Kappa 1.4-litre engine generating an output of 74 kW/100 PS. The powertrain is paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
The Idle Stop and Go (ISG) is a standard feature in all three i20 versions, which will contribute to lower fuel consumption, lower CO2 emissions and higher efficiency. The fuel savings of using the ISG will be especially apparent when driving in urban areas, as ISG automatically switches off the engine when the car comes to a halt.
By concentrating on efficient gasoline engines in the i20 range, Hyundai is responding to market demands. The 1.0 T-GDI is now equipped with a built-in particulate filter to enhance environmental performance. The whole i20 powertrain line-up is fully compliant with Euro 6d temp regulations.
Customers can also select a wide range of colours for the interior that emphasise the youthful look of the New i20. The new Blue interior comes with a blue coloured inlay that runs the full width of the dashboard and around the inner door handles. The new Red Point and Blue Point interior patterns with red or blue colour accents allow customers to create a more distinctive look in the car’s interior. As an alternative, the i20 still is available in sophisticated Black or Greyish Blue.